This is what we had for brunch today. I got the idea from Tasty Kitchen. They were very easy to make, and a lot of fun too. You could put anything you want in them. We chose to add bacon, Colby/jack cheese, tomato, and basil. They were delicious and everyone loved them. I'd love to hear what you think.
Bacon Cheddar Egg Bowls
Dinner rolls (or any leftover rolls you have around)
Shredded Colby/jack cheese
Bacon, cooked and chopped
1 Egg for each "bowl" you make
1 slice Roma Tomato for each "bowl"
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Fresh Basil to taste, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the tops off of the rolls and scoop out the bread.
- Brush the inside of each roll with melted butter.
- Fill each roll with cheese, tomato, then bacon - leaving room at the top for the egg.
- Crack an egg into each bowl and season with salt, pepper, and basil.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cover loosely with foil and bake another 20 - 25 minutes.
|Cheesy, Eggy goodness!!|