Sunday, January 1, 2012

White Hot Chocolate

Happy New Year, All! I am resolving to create more recipes and do more blogging in 2012 (in between the arm and hand surgeries anyway). My first post this year is something I created for my husband. My sweet man does not care for sweets, particularly chocolate.....EXCEPT, white chocolate. He LOVES white chocolate. I make homemade cocoa every year around the holidays, and today (New Year's Day) I decided to make a hot cocoa that my husband would enjoy. It turns out, he loved it! So, without further ado, the recipe for my homemade White Hot Chocolate.

NOTE: I use nothing but the 4oz. Ghirardelli bars of chocolate for my cocoa. Always have, always will.

4 cups 2% milk
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2T. sugar
1t. cinnamon
1t. vanilla
4oz. white chocolate, chopped
4oz. milk chocolate, chopped

Place all ingredients in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Begin whisking when chocolate starts to melt. Heat and whisk until everything is incorporated and cocoa is good and warm.

You can serve this any number of ways. Today, I placed a small white chocolate snowflake in the bottom of a cup, filled it with the cocoa, and topped it with whipped cream. A sprinkle of cinnamon might be nice too. However you like it. Enjoy!


I made these simply by melting white chocolate, then putting it in a squeeze bottle and filling a mold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

See What I'm Pinning!

Follow Me on Pinterest