Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Choco-Cinnamon Crescents

Okay. I know it's a new year and we're all working on eating healthier. My plan is to transition into the new lifestyle and finish using the holiday pantry items. Besides, my kids are still on Christmas break, so we're still partying a little. :-) This morning I found one last roll of refrigerator crescent rolls in the frig and decided to have a little fun. Choco-Cinnamon Crescents were the result. Here's what I did.








1 tube Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls
2-3 T. Unsalted butter, melted
Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
Cinnamon Sugar

Preheat the oven to 375. Line a cookie sheet with foil. Unroll the crescent rolls and brush inside with melted butter. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar to your liking over the butter. Place 7 or 8 chocolate chips on the wide end of the crescent and roll up. Pinch the ends and place on the cookie sheet. Brush the tops of the crescents with more melted butter and sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar. Bake for 12 mins. and enjoy!


Needless to say, the kids loved them. For a little bit of redemption, I served them with turkey bacon. Not much help, I know, but the savory flavor of the bacon really complemented the sweetness of the crescents. Just a little something fun and really easy to make. Have a GREAT week! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

See What I'm Pinning!

Follow Me on Pinterest