Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Short Hiatus

Good morning!

Today is Valentine's Day and day 5 of my cast enwrapped recovery from Carpal and CubitalTunnel surgery. I am feeling well out of the drug induced fog that accompanies pain meds and wanted to update you as to why no new recipes were invading your inbox.

While I am capable of typing one-handed (albeit painfully slowly), two hands are mandatory in the kitchen - my kitchen at least. I tried cutting a lemon in half one-handed for my water this morning. It was almost comical. I ended up hoisting my cast up to the counter and using it to weigh down the lemon (the cast is rather heavy). It worked - awkwardly - but, it worked and I got lemon in my water! Yay! If simply making lemon water was that cumbersome, I can't imagine trying to whip up a new casserole recipe or something. I guess I could use my hubby's hands and just tell him what to do. Oh wait, I did that last night with supper. It turned out okay, but the process was very frustrating. It's very difficult trying to tell someone how to do things that are so second nature to you, you don't even really think about how you do them. Can I get an amen?

No. I think I'll let my sweet hubby cook what he wants for supper and wait until I'm two-handed again before I venture back into the kitchen. It won't be long. I get my cast off in one short week. It'll fly by, I'm sure and I'll be creating tasty new concoctions in no time. Meanwhile, I may just write to keep my sanity and to keep in touch. I hope you don't mind.

Have a sweet Valentine's Day!

Blessings!
Brenda. :-)

1 comment:

See What I'm Pinning!

Follow Me on Pinterest