Enough about me, let's talk about food. For my return recipe I have decided to share with you, today's lunch.
I also had some red seedless grapes, but they were feeling camera shy. :-)
This yummy grilled wrap is a variation of a recipe I found on Pinterest. I'm afraid I don't know where the recipe originated from. Here for your approval, however, is my version.
1# Ground Turkey
2T. Worcestershire Sauce
1T. Minced Onion
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Medium Tomato, sliced
6C. Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
6T. Mayonnaise or Mustard (your choice, or you could do like we do and combine them)
12 Whole Wheat Tortillas
Butter for grilling
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground turkey until completely cooked.
- Add Worcestershire, ketchup, minced onion, and salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer five minutes.
- Run 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese down the middle of each tortilla.
- Top cheese with about 1/3 cup of the meat mixture, 1/2 T. mayo or mustard, and two tomato slices.
- Roll up burrito style.
- LIGHTLY butter each side of each burrito (just to help make nice grill marks) and grill until cheese is melted and you have lovely grill marks as in the picture.
- Serve immediately.
If you'd like you can prepare ahead of time, wrap in plastic wrap and hold in the refrigerator until you're ready to grill and serve them.
|Each wrap is approximately 193 calories.|
Just for fun, serve with french fries and lettuce to complete the "hamburger" theme.....and maybe a thick shake for dessert.