Monday, January 9, 2012

Baked Oatmeal








Ok. I tried this recipe this morning, or rather last night (I put it together last night for breakfast this morning). I may be a little premature in sharing it with you because I still want to tweak it a bit, but it was pretty good this way. I'd just like to take it to spectacular. Anyway, this is what I've got so far:

3 C. Steel Cut Oats (I think I may want to reduce this a bit to say 2 1/2 C.)
1 C. of my own Homemade Peach Jam (you could also use maple syrup or Agave nicely here, I think)
1 t. Cinnamon
1 t. Vanilla
6T. melted Butter
1 3/4 C. Vanilla Yogurt
1 C. Milk
2 Eggs, beaten
2 t. Baking Powder
1 t. Salt

Mix everything together and pour into a casserole dish, cover and store in the frig. over night. In the morning; remove casserole from frig. while you preheat the oven to 350. Once oven is preheated, enter the casserole. Bake 30 mins. or until it looks browned around the edges.









It came out more bread-like than oatmeal-like, which may not be a bad thing if you like bread, which I do. I spread a little butter on top and enjoyed it quite a bit. The inside was a little more oatmealy (not sure that's a word). I'm thinking that reducing the amount of oats will make it more like cereal. Feel free to play with it and let me know what you come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

See What I'm Pinning!

Follow Me on Pinterest